Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Peter 070 - Priscila


I forgot Priscila's name almost as soon as I heard it, but I wasn't too concerned as she was going to send me her email address so I could send her this and a few other photos.

She, like Peter 068 is from Cuba, but lives on the Gold Coast with her Australian husband.  She was very keen to point out the (very slight) difference in skin tone and body shape between herself and Peter, telling me they were very much typical Cubans, as were their three other friends who could have come from any other corner of the planet as well.

They were trying to get one of those everyone jumping photos and asked me if I could do the honours, so despite my better judgement, lack of flash and a backlit subject, I did my appalling best.   Note to file:  pictures of people jumping always look much better if you take them from down low.






6 comments:

bitingmidge said...

Why can't I spell serendipitous? If I could, I'd claim to have deliberately left the background in better focus than has been my habit, because I thought the tones and the grasses worked well with the skin and clothing tones and textures.

There!

cara said...

I know what you mean - that background is perfect - I also like the little hint of blue in the top left, as if her smile wasn't dazzling enough.

They're giving out flights at Jetstar if you send in photos of people doing star jumps (these are sort of star jumps...right?) anyway if you are interested...
http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/JetMail/2009_14_Jan_Australia_Day_Voucher.aspx

Julie said...

The title put me to wondering if she had a tag on her big toe!

I like this about the world. As soon as we are all toffee coloured the happier I will be, even though, in all likelihood, dead!

Ann said...

Usually sun glasses don't worry me that much but with this one I really, really, wish I could see her eyes. As everyone else has said, the setting works wonderfully well.

bitingmidge said...

Interesting Ann, I hate sunnies with a passion in so far as they are such anti social beasties, but have at the same time been working on a series of paintings where all the subjects eyes are covered. It's a cheap way of making 'em mysterious!

For some reason, I quite like the hidden eyes in this shot.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny. Didn't even notice the shades, I was so taken with the smile.