Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ann 67/100 - John

I didn't have the guts to ask John why he was dressed as what looked to me like a wizard - there is no rhyme or reason to the things people wear at Womad. I did ask him about his amazing tatts which cover his front and back and down his thighs. Its been an ongoing process over 40 years. I was originally going for the chest tatt but then I saw the tiger on his arm - his "happy tiger". Wasn't sure what the best crop of this was so here are a couple of alternatives. And one of the full getup.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad we did not get to see the ones on his thighs!!

I like the main crop that you chose: shows him off nicely and also puts him in context.

Looking at the full length shot, he is heavily bruised on the underside of each arm. Looks like someone out there does not like him.

Ann said...

I didn't even notice the bruises. Wonder if he's into martial arts, they go often go with those sort of tatts. One of my tai chi instructors has just had a beautiful, highly coloured, tatt done on his forearm.