Friday, June 19, 2009

Ann - Enthralled

This one turned out so much better than I thought it had. Its a whole different ball game taking night portraits without flash. At first the shots were really dark and from the camera screen this one looked overexposed. I think it is but nowhere near as badly as it seemed. I really like the way the light is reflecting off his face. ISO1600 F1.8 1/25 WB auto, at night, outdoors, hand held! His parents got told off for letting him sit on the artwork so they hurried him away before I could find out his name.

3 comments:

Julie said...

He is rivetted, isn't he? The reflected colour here adds just so much, Ann. As does the slightly upward angle of the shot. It is the slab of white in the background that might lead one to think this is overexposed. However, the face and the scarf - the important bits - look good to me!

bitingmidge said...

A beauty Ann, when I read Julie's comment, I thought well of course when one is a particular height of course all portraits are going to be shot looking upwards. (the converse of why all mine are shot looking down!)

Julie said...

*chuckle*

We are both short ... but not THAT short. I gather from the caption that this lad was up on something!!

Interesting, Peter. I had not picked you as the lanky type. Git off yer computer laddy and down into the shed ... jobbies, m'boy. Strike a list 'n' tick 'em off ...