Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cara (021) Jamie

Central Dublin last Friday.
Jamie is from North Carolina but is married to a Dubliner and lives there in Dublin. Note her nice warm jumper in the middle of June. I was on my way into Dunnes Stores to buy the my daughter Mary a jumper. It's the coldest she had been during the day in a long time! Anyway Jamie was selling scratch cards for charity so I sort of did a deal - a card for a pose (3 Euros). She was happy to oblige.

I didn't win.

This was taken with my dad's Nikon D50. I like the way it came out but I didn't have much to do with it - I think it was on Aperture Priority F5.6 but I didn't make a note at the time.

5 comments:

Julie said...

It is a gorgeously clear portrait, Cara.

Have you accidently packed your Dad's camera? My guess is that you are back in Brissie now ...

You can check the properties of any image by right clicking on it in your computer and scrolling down to that data which is stored with the image.

You did win, you know that, don't you?

Now, I am confused ... I was going to make a big fuss when you got to 20 and here you are at 21 already. Mmm ...

Anyway ... wu-hoo ... you broke through all our barriers much easier than we did. It is a delight to have you contributing to the site.

People are wonderful creatures to attempt to portray, aren't they?

Julie said...

Ah ... not really going senile.

Have a look at the Posting page in blogger for this blog: you are only up to 19 there. So some of your posts don't have your name as a label.

Phew ... at my age all evidence of non-senility is a boon!!

Ann said...

This is a beautiful portrait, you've even got catchlights. There is no way I could have pulled this off at 20. Its hard enough to do now. I would have found going that close too confronting, I think, back then.

cara said...

Thanks! I'm thinking it was a bit of a fluke though. Everything is still a bit hit and miss for me.

And also thanks for pointing that out, Julie, I'll go back and check - but I think I have 2 in one post early on which throws things out a bit. I head back on Saturday. My new camera (Nikon D40)arrived in the post yesterday. It's different again from the D50 so I am learning all over again.

bitingmidge said...

Well that's it! I'm off to Dublin to find subjects!

I'm continually fascinated by the even lighting you've been experiencing Cara.

Perhaps this project has drawn my attention to the shortcomings of our own skies for this sort of project.

No, I haven't given up, but we'll be away till November we think, so the Sunshine Coast needs a LOT of photos to fill in till then.